Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Friday, December 13, 2019
- Which of the qualities the Chief Elder mentioned do you think will be the most important for Jonas? Explain.
do you think the Receiver means when he claims Jonas has, “the Capacity to See
· Indolence, solemnly, spontaneously, unnerving, anguish.
Chapters 7 and 8
- Johnny’s father uses an analogy to explain how it feels to leave his trench. What is an analogy? What analogy does he use? Why is this analogy effective?
- Why is the letter Johnny’s father writes to him in this chapter Johnny’s favourite? What does this tell you about Johnny’s understanding of the War?
- Loath, blight, barren, Nuisance, kinship.
Friday, December 6, 2019
Chapters 3 and 4.
- Keegan figured the girl was from New York. Why did he think this?
- What is sarcasm? What sarcastic comment did Cassie say to Keegan? What made it sarcastic?
- Why do you think Garth lied to Keegan about why he wiped out?
- Strangle, knobby, locomotive, bearing, panicked.
1. What do the pills that Jonas now has to take, do?
2. What does the new jacket that Lily receives in her ceremony symbolize? Explain the symbolism.
3. Was the way the ‘Community’ corrected Asher’s speech, appropriate and effective? Explain.
· meticulously, scrupulously, prestige, chastisement, sheepish, disquieting.