Due to a very successful Business Fair, a grand total of $175 will be subtracted from the original cost of the Montreal trip. Way to go Grade 8 families. That's a new record!
Payments will go ahead as follows:
February 1st: $200
March 1st: $145
Friday, December 7, 2018
- What three things did Johnny say they needed to get out of their predicamet?
- What did Ponyboy say was the best way to deal with Buck Merril?
- What would your advice be to Johnny and Ponyboy if they came to you for help? Explain?
Chapters 7 and 8
- Do you think Mr. Tuttle knows it was Johnny who ruined his roses? Explain your opinion.
- Johnny’s father uses an analogy to explain how it felt to leave his trench. What is an analogy? What analogy does he use? Why is this analogy effective?
- Why is the letter Johnny’s father writes to him in this chapter Johnny’s favourite? What does this tell you about Johnny’s understanding of the War?
- What causes the fight between Sarah and Johnny? Who do you think is to blame? Why?
- Which of the qualities the Chief Elder mentioned do you think will be the most important for Jonas? Explain.
- What do you think the Receiver means when he claims Jonas has, “the Capacity to See Beyond”?
- What makes Jonas feel “different” and “separate”?
- What name does the community give to the term, bedroom. Why do you think they call it that instead of bedroom?
Vocab: indolence, solemnly, spontaneously, unnerving, anguish.
Thursday, November 29, 2018
There will be an informational meeting for our upcoming Montreal trip on Thursday, December 6, at 6:30pm. A representative of our tour company will be present to discuss our itinerary and answer any questions/concerns you may have. Mark it on your calendar!